French coffee dessert
This French coffee dessert is a delicious blend of flavourful espresso, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and caramel. With this coffee-based dessert recipe, fully experience your love of coffee.
This recipe is a real coffee dessert that is richly filled with different ingredients. This café liégeois is a lovely dessert to offer your guests, but also very tasty to make for yourself on a summer day! Make the café liégeois recipe quickly and easily.
Prep time: 15 minutes
For one ice cream sundae
Preparing your café liégeois recipe
- Refrigerate a sundae or parfait glass so that the café Liège stays cold.
- Pour a layer of caramel syrup into a separate glass.
- Brew 2 cups of your favourite espresso and pour over the caramel. Stir.
- Put the scoop of vanilla ice cream into the chilled sundae or parfait glass.
- Pour the coffee mixture over the scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Beat the whipping cream or use the prepared whipped cream to garnish the vanilla ice cream and coffee in the chilled glass.
- Top with a thin layer of cocoa powder or chocolate shavings to make your Liège coffee even more delicious.
The delicious combinations of flavours make for a very tasty dessert. Especially during the summer, you can also enjoy a caffe liégeois coffee in the afternoon. When you have a hot summer day, it’s nice to have something refreshing. This recipe for café liégeois is absolutely perfect for that and you can make it at home in no time.
Do you want to make this café liégeois ice cream dessert for your guests? The best way is to serve it in a nice big glass. That way you can see all the different layers while serving the café liégeois and it makes a striking impression.
Tip: You can make this caffe liégeois ice cream recipe yourself at home, but if you want some variation, that’s easy too. You can also opt for different flavours of whipped cream or ice cream for a different flavour combination. You can also choose lactose free ice cream and add it to your caffe liégeois.