How to descale your L'OR BARISTA Original & Sublime
To get the most out of your L'OR BARISTA coffee maker, it is important to descale it. This prolongs its life while ensuring the highest quality coffee. When you remove the limescale and clean your coffee machine, you can truly enjoy great-tasting coffee at the right temperature and volume. Descale your L'OR BARISTA coffee machine when the ristretto and lungo buttons (left and right buttons) start blinking after you have brewed a cup of coffee. Find out below how to descale your coffee machine in 10 easy steps.
HOW TO DESCALE YOUR L'OR BARISTA
To descale your L'OR BARISTA coffee maker, you need Philips’s coffee machine descaler CA6530 (available soon), water and a bowl with a minimum capacity of 1.5 litres. Descaling your machine can take up to 40 minutes. Follow the instructions below on how to do this:
- Turn on your L'OR BARISTA coffee machine and remove the water tank.
- Fill the water tank with half of the Philips CA6530 descaling liquid for L'OR BARISTA. The required quantity is indicated on the package. Fill the water tank to the maximum with water.
- Replace the water tank on your machine.
- Empty the capsule compartment of your L'OR BARISTA.
- Replace the drip tray with a bowl that will hold at least 1.5 litres, so that it can collect the water that will come out. Your coffee machine is now ready to begin the descaling process.
- To start descaling, press the ristretto and lungo buttons simultaneously. These are the left and right buttons.
- The ristretto button (on the left) will start blinking. Press this button and the descaling procedure will start in intervals. This procedure will take approximately 30 minutes.
- When the water tank is empty, empty the water bowl before putting it back. Rinse and refill the water tank.
- Press the blinking lungo button (right) to start the rinse cycle. Your machine will rinse and dispense water until the water tank is almost empty. This last step will take about 3 minutes.
- You will know that the descaling procedure is complete when the ristretto and lungo buttons blink several times. Your coffee machine will turn off automatically. It is now ready to be used again.
Use the official L'OR descaler specially designed for the L'OR BARISTA coffee machine to avoid damaging your machine and to ensure that you’ll have the best tasting coffee. Buy Philips L'OR BARISTA CA6530 descaler (available soon) for the best results. You can descale your machine twice with just one bottle of descaler.
Extend the life of your L'OR BARISTA
Descaling cleans every place where water flows through your coffee maker. This helps prevent it from malfunctioning or making any unusual noises when brewing a cup of coffee.
Guarantee the best quality coffee
Taking good care of your L'OR BARISTA coffee machine helps preserve the aromas and flavours of the coffee. Descaling ensures a full cup.
Descaling helps to maintain the optimal coffee temperature
Limestone in your coffee machine can absorb heat, causing the coffee temperature to differ. By descaling it, you ensure the optimal coffee temperature.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BARISTA
How often should I descale my L'OR BARISTA coffee machine?
The L'OR BARISTA coffee machine must be descaled at least once every three months. Begin the descaling process when the ristretto and lungo button are both blinking.
How long will it take to descale my L'OR BARISTA machine?
In total, the descaling process can take up to 40 minutes.
Which descaler should I use for descaling?
We recommend using the official Philips CA6530 (available soon) descaler for L'OR BARISTA. We cannot guarantee the quality of other products and they may damage your coffee machine.
How do I clean and maintain my L'OR BARISTA?
Be sure to clean and rinse your machine regularly. You can find more tips and tricks on our Support & troubleshooting page..
Learn how to set up and use your L'OR BARISTA coffee machine.
Is your L'OR BARISTA coffee maker not working properly? Here are some troubleshooting guides. Something wrong with your machines? Check our troubleshooting page.
Cleaning L'OR BARISTA
Need help cleaning your L'OR coffee machine? Find out how to properly maintain or clean your coffee machine.
Do you need help with your L'OR coffee machine? Find out how to disassemble or descale your coffee machine.