A smooth twist on a classic flavor
Panna Cotta with Coffee-Caramel Sauce
Be seduced by this soft and creamy dessert. Panna Cotta is one of the favourite desserts of the Italian. In English, panna cotta can be translated as 'cooked cream'. Panna cotta looks and tastes lovely. Discover this variant with coffee and caramel. A delicious twist that coffee lovers can't resist.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Waiting time: 3 hours
- 250 milliliters of whole milk
- 250 millilitres of whipping cream (unsweetened and unbeaten)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 gelatine sheets
- 1 teaspoon of coffee
Coffee Caramel Sauce
- 120 grams of sugar
- 60 milliliters of water
- 125 milliliters of whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon of L'OR EXPRESSO Ristretto 11
- Let the gelatine sheets soak in cold water for a few minutes.
- Make a cup of L'OR ESPRESSO Ristretto 11 coffee. Use 1 capsule, so that you'll have enough coffee for both the Panna Cotta and the coffee-caramel sauce.
- In the meantime, put the milk and whipped cream into a pan, add the sugar and the teaspoon of coffee. Bring it to a boil and remove the pan from the heat.
- Wring the gelatine sheets and stir them through the mix until dissolved.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into a measuring cup and cover it with a piece of foil. Press the foil against the mixture to prevent skin forming.
- Allow the mixture to cool and occasionally stir it. When it is at room temperature, pour the panna cotta into drinking glasses and let it set in the fridge. This will take 1,5 to 2 hours.
Coffee Caramel Sauce
- Put the whipped cream and the teaspoon of coffee in a pan. You will need this mixture later.
- Take a pan with a high border and put in the sugar and water. Mix the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the pan on a low heat and stop stirring the mixture.
- In the meantime, heat the whipped cream and coffee mixture over a low heat. This mixture doesn't need to be brought to a boil.
- Once the sugar in the other pan has caramelized, carefully add the warm whipped cream and coffee mixture. Stir until the mixture is nicely smooth and turn off the heat.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Pour the coffee-cramel sauce into a pot or bowl and let it cool. Make sure it doesn't solidify.
- Take the Panna Cotta from the fridge and add a layer of coffee-caramel sauce.