A subtle coffee flavour
Coffee cake recipe with espresso
This airy and moist coffee cake has a subtle coffee flavour that makes you crave for another slice. The full flavours of the espresso make the cake even more tasty. Perfect for catching up with your best friend over a warm cup of coffee. Homemade coffee cake is easy with this recipe. Just slide the tin in the oven and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Oven time: 60 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan.
- Brew 80 or 160 ml of coffee, for example (L'OR Onyx or Supremo 2 to 4 capsules) and let it cool to room temperature.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar) until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing until combined before adding the next egg.
- Add the espresso to the mixture, beat well and sift in the flour and fold in until incorporated.
- Put your mixture in a greased, 25cm cake tin, and place in the oven on the middle shelf.
- Bake for around 60 minutes, and remove the coffee cake carefully from the oven.
- Use a skewer to check if the middle is baked through, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. If not, bake for 5 more minutes and check again.
- Let your cake cool before you take it out of the tin. Looking for some variation? Make a coffee cake with chocolate. Put one half of your mixture in the tin and mix the other half with 100g of pure melted chocolate, before you add it to the tin. You can also add pecans, walnuts to the mixture, or top your coffee cake with shaved almonds.
Is it also possible to make the coffee cake decaffeinated?
This is absolutely no problem. You can make the coffee cake completely without caffeine. Just use one of our decaf coffee capsules and replace the coffee in the recipe with decaf coffee.
This delicious buttery coffee cake offfers a spectacular taste sensation and melts in your mouth.
Tip: Would you like to make this coffee cake and also serve it with the perfect drink? That's no problem at all. This cake is delicious when accompanied by one of our various Frappuccino recipes. The combination of a cold coffee drink and this hot coffee cake is a real taste treat.