Indulge your dinner guests
Indulge your dinner guests with this coffee mousse recipe. Add your favourite espresso or ristretto for a tasty coffee flavour. You can easily make coffee mousse the evening before. Enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Waiting time: 6 hours
- Brew your favourite intense espresso or ristretto. The coffee needs to have a strong flavour to give this dessert a tasty coffee kick, so don’t be afraid to pick an intense flavour.
- Measure 60ml of hot coffee, add a pinch of salt then put it in the refrigerator to cool down.
- When the coffee is cool, thoroughly whisk the egg yolks with it using an electric mixer and put it back in the refrigerator.
- Add half of the sugar to the whipped cream and whisk it until firm.
- Using clean whisks, mix the cold coffee and egg mixture through the whipped cream. After this, clean your whisks again using a clean paper towel and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a stainless steel bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining sugar until firm.
- Gently fold the whipped cream mixture with the egg whites using a spatula.
- Use festive glasses to serve your mousse in. Divide the coffee mixture over these glasses, cover them and put them in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Use cocoa powder, decorating chocolate or edible flowers to make your dessert even more impressive.