A festive coffee
How can you make your Christmas even more festive? Make a hot cup of tasty Christmas Coffee to warm your hands and spark your holiday spirit. You’ll be enchanted by this delicious, warming blend of coffee, chocolate, and spices with just a touch of orange. A special way to complete a holiday dinner or the perfect treat after a family walk. Happy Christmas!
Prep time: 15 minutes
For 4 coffees
- 200ml coffee – we recommend L’OR Espresso Splendente (5 cups)
- 250ml whipping cream
- 100g melting chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick, whole
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 small star anise
- 1/2 dried orange slice
- 3 tsp orange zest
Decoration: star anise, cinnamon stick, dried orange slice or grated chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof container in a pan of boiling water.
- Brew 200 ml of your preferred coffee. Our Christmas coffee recommendation is L’OR Espresso Splendente. Its warm flavours and bright citrusy finish pair perfectly with chocolate and a dash of orange.
- Put your prepared coffee in a pan with the star anise, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and the dried orange. Simmer it gently, but be sure it doesn’t boil. Just a few more quick steps and your festive Christmas coffee will be ready to serve!
- Fill 4 large glasses with equal amounts of the melted chocolate (25g per glass).
- Using a sieve, strain the spices out of your Christmas Coffee blend.
- Fill each glass with an equal amount of strained coffee.
- Stir the orange zest into the whipping cream and whip.
- Use the whipped cream to top off your Christmas Coffee.
- Get creative and garnish with a cinnamon stick, star anise, dried orange, or grated chocolate.
- Sit down with your guests and enjoy this lovely, holiday coffee together!