Festive coffee is a great Christmas tradition? Our Christmas Coffee is certain to warm you up and get you in the holiday spirit. Perfect after a family outing or as a special treat at a holiday party.
Prep time: 15 minutes
We’ve got loads of Christmas coffee inspiration to spice up your Christmas. With a variety of Christmas coffee flavours you’re certain to find a favourite. This L'OR Christmas coffee includes festive ingredients like cinnamon and orange which are sure to please your holiday guests. Prepare this delicious holiday coffee for friends and family to enjoy at Christmas. You and your friends will be wanting a second cup.
For 4 coffees
- 200ml coffee – we recommend L’OR Espresso Splendente (5 cups)
- 250ml whipping cream
- 100g melting chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick, whole
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 small star anise
- 1/2 dried orange slice
- 3 tsp orange zest
Decoration: star anise, cinnamon stick, dried orange slice or grated chocolate
How to make Christmas coffee
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof container in a pan of boiling water.
- Brew 200 ml of your preferred coffee. Our Christmas coffee recommendation is L’OR Espresso Splendente. Its warm flavours and bright citrusy finish pair perfectly with chocolate and a dash of orange.
- Put your prepared coffee in a pan with the star anise, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and the dried orange. Simmer it gently, but be sure it doesn’t boil. Just a few more quick steps and your festive Christmas coffee will be ready to serve!
- Fill 4 large glasses with equal amounts of the melted chocolate (25g per glass).
- Using a sieve, strain the spices out of your Christmas Coffee blend.
- Fill each glass with an equal amount of strained coffee.
- Stir the orange zest into the whipping cream and whip.
- Use the whipped cream to top off your Christmas Coffee.
- Get creative and garnish with a cinnamon stick, star anise, dried orange, or grated chocolate.
- Sit down with your guests and enjoy this lovely, holiday coffee together!