Coffee dessert recipe
This French coffee dessert is a delightful combination of tasty espresso, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel and just a touch of Dutch gin. Take your love for coffee to the next level with this coffee-based dessert recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cool a sundae glass in the refrigerator.
- Into a different glass, add the caramel syrup.
- Brew 2 cups of your favourite espresso and pour it over the caramel syrup and stir.
- Add the vanilla ice cream to the cooled sundae glass, then pour the coffee over the top.
- Whisk the cream lightly and pour it over the coffee dessert, using the convex side of a spoon.
- Add a thin layer of cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles to make your café Liégeois a delicious after dinner treat.